I'm trying to incorporate my 'decode-multipart/form-data function into the
commonly used 'retrieve-user-data function, but I am getting something
wrong. The function works now for GET operations but not for POST.

If I use 'read-io on system/ports/input, that clears the port, correct?
Then...

return make object! decode-cgi input

...will no longer work. But if I replace that line with...

return make object! decode-cgi post-data

...thus using the data I have already retrieved, (using 'post-data in my
function below instead of 'input) the function does not work.

Why?

'decode-cgi requres an argument of 'any-string! and should be able to
handle my 'post-data argument, shouldn't it?

Here is the version of 'retrieve-user-data I am trying to use...

retrieve-user-data: func [][
    either system/options/cgi/request-method = "POST" [
        content-length: 20 + load system/options/cgi/content-length
        post-data: make string! content-length
        read-io system/ports/input post-data content-length
        parse/all post-data [thru "Content-Disposition: " copy text to ";"
(post-type: copy text)]
        switch/default post-type [
            "form-data" [
                decode-multipart/form-data
            ]
        return make object! decode-cgi input
        ]
    ][
        return make object! decode-cgi system/options/cgi/query-string

Ryan C. Christiansen
Web Developer

Intellisol International
4733 Amber Valley Parkway
Fargo, ND 58104
701-235-3390 ext. 6671
FAX: 701-235-9940
http://www.intellisol.com

Global Leader in People Performance Software

Confidentiality Notice
This message may contain privileged and confidential information. If you
think, for any reason, that this message may have been addressed to you in
error, you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it,
and we would ask you to notify us immediately by return email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]