Can someone tell me why I get an error in the second example here...

    >> test: [a: text "hello"]
    == [a: text "hello"]
    >> view layout [panel test 200x50]

That works fine with no errors, but if I use to-block on a string to
attempt to produce the same test block, I get this...

    >> test: to-block {a: text "hello"}
    == [a: text "hello"]
    >> view layout [panel test 200x50]
    ** Script Error: a is not defined in this context
    ** Where: forever
    ** Near: set :var new new/var: to-word

Now, I've worked out that 'a isn't being set when to-block is used,
unlike in the first example, but is that's what's supposed to happen?
 And if so, how would you convert a string to a block so the 'a:
above would be set?

--
Carl Read
[EMAIL PROTECTED]