From: "Tim Johnson"
> Hello All:
> I have designed and am teaching a class in rebol
> for high school as a first semester.
>
> I would welcome recommendations for a MS-Windows
> compatible editor that would enable syntax
> highlighting and be available at no fee.
>
> Myself, I use vim on both Linux and Windows,
> but I think either vim or emacs would be a
> little too difficult for some of the students.
>
> --Looking forward to opinions--
> TIA
> --
> Tim Johnson

Hi, Tim,
I probably wouldn't call it totally simple, but you may wish to at least
check out SynEdit.  It functions more closely to the MS-Windows model of
computing, it is freeware, and it seems to correctly highlight
REBOL/Core syntax.  I can't offer an endrosement for it since I merely
ran across it while looking for freebie editors.  But it may fit the
bill for your students.

Primary link:
http://www.technobreeze.com/synopsis/synedit/
Download link (avoids the annoying pop-up links at the actual download
site link):
ftp://rand.deepwell.com/synedit.zip

Good luck with the course.  As you've already figured out, you'll be
teaching a truly useful programming tool.
--Scott Jones