Yep, thats what I mean.

CNET's wording is "You must be the developer or publisher of the software, or an
authorized agent, in order to submit a title."  And it goes on to say later
that "The program must not infringe on any copyrights."  I might be tempted to use
harsher language.

I suppose if you really want to play it safe, just break up the system into parts.  If
you do this effectively, there is no one to sue, well except the
uploaders actually making the infringement.  Example:

A service that says who has what, a dynamic search engine.
A program shares your files, and registers your site with the search engine.
Another program searches and downloads the stuff you want.

Now who would be guilty?  Furthermore If you made the stuff more or less
interchangeable with what is already out there, that would really confuse the matter.
Plus, if they sue one of these parts, you could probably get a significant amount of
funding for your defense from those who dont want such a legal precedent to
be set if you lose.  Yahoo, Netscape, Ebay, CNET, and even Microsoft could have much
to lose if the recording industry won.  This could mean Yahoo would be
responsible for what pages the link to.  Or maybe Microsoft would have to limit what
you could upload or download with Internet Explorer.  Not going to happen.

--Ryan