Hi Jason, Donald and all,

I'm everyday working with Macromedia Director so I don't have so much
experience with Flash directly but I think these two products are very
similar in some aspects.
>From my POV Macromedia stuff and their philosophy is very poor against
Rebol. Yes, Flash and  Director has some more gfx features than /View but
man, It is version 5(Flash) and 8.5(Director)!! I think Macromedia has just
one big monopol in their "internet-multimedia" field/market because there is
not  almost any good alternative technology to compete with.
If RT guys would work on /View multimedia stuff intesively for about one
year they could have made /View as a big competitior against
Flash(Director). Rebol/View, although it lacks (for now) things like vector
gfx, font engine, rotation, alpha channels, free sound, streaming,
multimedia format support, embedded plugin, it has lots of advatnages...very
good core, the language itself, the communication stuff such as ports,
protocols, and very good mutiplatfom standard quality, cheap prize. (I
believe, most of you will agree that we couldnot  compare Rebol against
crappy ActionScript or even Lingo.)

Anyway both technologies has own cool developers and software pieces( just
have a look at:
http://www.vectorlounge.com/04_amsterdam/jam/wireframe.html )

I don't want to make any flame wars against MM fans/haters. I just wanted to
point out the possibilities for Rebol/View(Hey RT guys! What about eat few
pieces from big Macromedias money-pie? ;-) ). I still believe RT could make
from /View far more better multimedia engine than all MM products are...

just my 2 cents ;)

regards

Cyphre