From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf
Of Christian Langreiter
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2002 9:02 PM
To: Petr Krenzelok
Subject: [REBOL] Re: Google + SOAP

> You haven't answered why you consider Rugby being blocking one ;-) I
> tried Ruby several times and it does some 250 RPC echos in a sec ...
> So, what is enough for you? :-)

I'm not talking about speed or Rugby's efficiency, which is certainly
admirable, but there are things Rugby can't do anything about ...

Rugby is blocking when executing long-running functions, like doing data
analysis involving data gathering from multiple data sources (and many
scenarios more).

I've just had a look at the cooperative threading model, and it might be
good enough for a lot of cases (though, in general, I don't like coop
multithreading too much, it usually complexifies otherwise simple
programs enormously).

> PS: what does your grin mean? Do you know something we don't? :-)

Unfortunately not.

That's why I am asking here ...

BTW, Roger Sessions may well talk a lot of nonsense, but his observation
regarding SOAP I support. SOAP is (rather) complex when compared to
XML-RPC or REBOL messaging. It is probably extremely simple simple when
compared to CORBA.

And he who deems "XML" simple hasn't seen it in its full glory.

-- Chris