Gregg:

> If I have some non-standard url, or new url formats are rolled out, then
>  having an explicit way to mark them is a good thing to have around. For the
>  normal case, though, why should I have to mark them up?
>
>  I'm not writing the parser so I won't complain either way. :)

I completely agree with your last comment there -- it's a very civilised way
of developing code. We (the potential users) can request features or debate
enhancements. But the developer (Robert in this case) has the vision for the
code, and can add features as fits that vision.

And, of course, the beauty of a language like Rebol is that us users can
tweak the code to fit our needs -- my version of MDP has a couple of such
tweaks that I've passed to Robert; he's free to incorporate them in the base
code or not.

On the specific point about interpreting URLs I'm still with Robert....

MDP is a "lightweight" mark-up language (light compared to HTML or XML), and
all mark-ups require some indicator to distinguish them from plain content.
To make an exception  for URLs is, I think, non-orthogonal, and potentially
confusing. Especially if the definition of what counts as a "normal case" URL
changes between editions.

Maybe an industrial-strength version of MDP will have a user-call function --
add your own function at this point to post-process the MDP output. URL
highlighting would be an obvious add-on here for anyone who wants it.

Sunanda.