Hi Gabriele,

<<G>>
BTW  Ladislav,  do you think there could be any problems with this
alternative version?

    default: func [
        [throw]
        code [block!]
        fault [block!]
        /good pass [block!]
        /local result
    ] [
        either error? set/any 'result try code [
            fault: func [[throw] error [error!]] fault
            fault result
        ] [
            do any [pass [get/any 'result]]

<</G>>

I think, that your version is more understandable and more robust. That is
why I suggest others to use Gabriele's version instead of mine.

I am still curious, if many Rebol users prefer to allow UNSET! valued
expressions (eventually why?).

OTOH, both versions of DEFAULT cannot discern "illegal" and "legal" errors,
which is another glitch in Rebol I would prefer to have straightened.

Ciao
-L