Hi, Anton,

... half a mo' while I reboot ...

    >> list-dir %.../
    ** Access Error: Cannot open /home/jn/.../
    ** Where: throw-on-error
    ** Near: list-dir %.../
    >> change-dir %.../
    ** Access Error: Cannot open /home/jn/.../
    ** Near: change-dir %.../

and the same thing happens on Mac OS/X (Core, of course).

I must admit a preference for ../../ versus .../ on simple
human engineering grounds:

1)  it's more visually distinct (less easy to miss at a glance),
2)  it's extensible.

Combining those two, think about the likelihood of misreading
something like ...../ versus ../../../../ (especially if .. is
pronounced "parent" or "up").

-jn-

Anton wrote:

> Anyone on linux?

> > > == %/C/rebol/view/
> > > == %/C/rebol/
> > > == %/C/rebol/
> >
> > > ok now try this

> > > == %/C/rebol/view/.../
> > > == %/C/rebol/view/.../
> >
> > Hmmm.  What are three dots supposed to give? ...

> > That's on Amiga.  Oh, have you a directory called ... in your view
> > directory?

-jn-

--
Sic biscuitus desintegrat.