I am trying to understand ...

10 + 10
means something to the Rebol interpretation process, but
10+10  does not have the same meaning, yet you say it can be
given different meaning. Are you implying that the expected operands
and the attributes of the operands to a built-in primitive function can be
respecified? Or are you saying  "10+10" can be given new meaning as if
though a user-defined function? Help here please?

10 10+10 10
==10 20 10  OR
==20 20

Dick