After reading the long discussions recently on the
importance/significance of Rebols
multi platform/OS capabilities I am prompted to ask once again when
support for the
Macintosh OS X  system might be forth coming?

Considering the Mac community is estimated to be around 25 million users
and there is a strong developer community within that user base
and remembering that the Mac, especially in its new OS X guise is both a
very internet/connection orientated and 'open' system for both
application
and connectivity development.

I really cannot understand the apparent lack of interest in
developing/delivering a
rebol /Core and /View package to support such a large and growing
section of the
computing community. Especially as many of the new Mac OS X users are
switching
not from windows but from Unix and Linux systems which Rebol currently
supports.

IMHO a computer savvy Mac OS X user/developer writing cross platform
rebol apps
to enable them to transfer/re-use their functionality in a Win 98/XP/NT
office, for example,
would appear to be a perfect vehicle for the much discussed break
through of Rebol
to a wider community.

On a personal note my own Rebol aspirations are necessarily on hold
until such time
as I can run Rebol on my operating system of choice..... Mac OS X.
[I can't afford either the money or the time to run a PC just to
develop Rebol apps on]

I know there are a few Mac users around on this ML, but I am sure there
would be
many many more if RT would only support us.....