From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf
Of Carl Read
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 8:35 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [REBOL] Re: Newbie: Help with image buttons (View)

On 26-Sep-02, Matthew Kim wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Matt,

> I'm trying to make a cell phone demo for the computer which involves
> having the button on the phones to become active.

> For example... I want the demo to be able to have clickable 'numbers'
> to dial a phone number, and a clickable 'send' button to emulate
> placing a call.

> I run into a problem because, the phone's buttons are not rectangular
> in shape. I made the phone's buttons into separate images and
> overlayed them onto the main image of the phone, but the REBOL buttons

> are rectangular in shape, and have a shadow/border.

> Is there a way either to:

> 1) Make the buttons in REBOL/VIEW, have no border and no effect when
> the mouse clicks on it? (Buttons usually sink when clicked on).

If that's the behaviour you want, just uses images instead of buttons.
ie...

rebol []
; Create two images...
img-1: to-image layout [backdrop pink text "Image 1"]
img-2: to-image layout [backdrop yellow text "Image 2"]
view layout [
    output: field "Click on images"
    image img-1 [output/text: "Image 1" show output]
    image img-2 [output/text: "Image 2" show output]
]

Other styles such as images can have a block which will be evaluated
when the style is clicked on - it's not just the obvious ones like
buttons that you can do this with.

Hope that answers your question.

--
Carl Read