Hi Romano,

On Thursday, October 10, 2002, 4:34:35 PM, you wrote:

RPT> BTW, that tag? is interesting for me: formed tag string are an exception in
RPT> the any-string group.

IIRC  in  older  versions  if you inserted a tag into a string you
didn't  get  the  tag  delimiters (only the content of the tag was
inserted). So maybe that's a leftover from older versions.

RPT>    now i have made tests with long strings (> 10000 chars) and many matched
RPT> searches and i do not see so any differences between while and parse. I think
RPT> that all the time, in such cases, is consumed by the change/part command.

Indeed.

RPT> Perhaps one could add to replace a /copy refinement.

Or  create  a new string, and the use it to change the old one. If
there are a lot of occurrences it could be a lot faster...

Anyway,  a  general  and fast version is probably not very easy to
write...

Regards,
   Gabriele.
--
Gabriele Santilli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  --  REBOL Programmer
Amigan -- AGI L'Aquila -- REB: http://web.tiscali.it/rebol/index.r