bryan wrote:

C) what we saw during the show was - external configurable

environments,
with embedded browser (mostly IE I think).
Well IE did make an initial push towards developers for the KIOSK
market, tied in with Windows CE I believe, so that would be logical.
A propos XUL, I started with that when it first came out but dropped it
cause namespaces were not being handled correctly, i.e you could not
bind the namespace to a prefix but had to use the xul prefix all the
time. Would be interested in knowing if that's fixed.

I don't know - according to following site, there is also easier way - but still some options don't seem to work.

http://tln.lib.mi.us/~amutch/pro/mozilla/

I also got to the article describing how Borland faked embedding Mozilla into their Kylix - they run mozilla process with -width and -height parameters and just assured that Kylix can communicate with mozilla process to exchange keyboard focus info, etc. Something like that could be sufficient - I would run Rebol top and bottom bar, easily do virtual keyboard, but command-line switches don't work for me here yet.

As you can see, old Communicator feature kiosk and super-kiosk modes - http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/deploymt/options.htm
Mozilla doesn't and my suspicion is - the way to solve it is to use XUL or some other tweak ...

List of Mozilla's command line options are here: http://www.mozilla.org/quality/browser/front-end/testcases/cmd-line/index.html

-pekr-