On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 19:18:36 -0400, Brian Parkinson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I want to set up (say) a Rugby server, which will accept client
> connections and process them. I'd like each connection to be handled in
> its own thread (let's keep it simple and leave thread pools, resource
> utilization and the like out of this) as I need each client's response
> to be in reasonable time (pretend the processing involves I/O or
> something). I'm kinda astonished that I can't do this in Rebol proper.
> Unless I'm missing something real obvious, the only way that I can do
> this is to rely on code that implements a cooperative multitasking
> queue (a la Rugby) or roll my own (!).

Hi, don't bee fooled by all this multi-threading hype. For example, have a
look at www.xitami.com and theire LRWP protocol. This is done using a
cooperative multi-tasking. Very cool and fast, and it can be coupled with
Rebol quite easy.

Remember: multi threading won't solve performance problems just because
it's multi threaded...

--
Robert M. Münch
Management & IT Freelancer