On Feb 19, 2004, at 4:27 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> We're close to completing an enhancement to the REBOL.org Script
> Library that
> will enable *packages*  -- a package is anything other than a simple
> script
> (which is all the Library has been able to handle so far).
>
> I'd like to enlist the List in the final bit of cross-platform testing
> --
> just to make sure what gets uploaded is downloadable and runnable
> across the full
> range of platforms that REBOL inhabits.

Mac OS X 10.3.2 (Panther).

Core 2.5.6.2.4

> There is one test package up on the Library. If you've got the time,
> could
> you please download it, see if it runs, and let me know what goes
> wrong.

Worked fine - no problems.

A little correction for the following text though -

Running under Core, it will attempt to download all the
files in the package the current folder.

Should be -

Running under Core, it will attempt to download all the
files in the package to the current folder.

Missing the word "to".

> The downloader should work under both Core and View, but it looks a lot
> prettier (and offers more options) under View.  The demo package runs
> only under
> View.
>
> It should take no more than three minutes on a 56K modem to download
> the
> files.
>
> As a tiny encouragement to you to do this, the demo package is a
> "guess the
> REBOL developer" competition....

Sorry, can't play on my platform...

(Just teasing, couldn't resist a little jab! :-))

> Once we're happy that it works, we'll open the Library up so that any
> Library
> member can contribute packages.
>
> Thanks to Andreas and Jeff for some code incorporated in this
> development.

Excellent option, thanks guys.

Rod.

Rod Gaither