Hi Tom,

> to partialy answer my question for a work around
> see below but the main question of why I need it is open.

Your server looks like it is returning a simple-reponse which has no
response headers:

   From rfc 1945:

   A Simple-Response should only be sent in response to an HTTP/0.9
   Simple-Request or if the server only supports the more limited
   HTTP/0.9 protocol. If a client sends an HTTP/1.0 Full-Request and
   receives a response that does not begin with a Status-Line, it
   should assume that the response is a Simple-Response and parse it
   accordingly. Note that the Simple-Response consists only of the
   entity body and is terminated by the server closing the connection.

It looks to me like the REBOL http scheme expects to see a Status response
header, so perhaps REBOL is not conforming with http in this case.

Regards,
Brett.