pekr wrote:
> I will soon prepare some part of portal. Let's suppose  I get data from
db, I have template system, where I simply put data into table or whatever
xhtml structure. Now what I am not sure about how to do is - e.g. my table
will have 30 rows, db query returns 150 rows, so I need to introduce some
next-page continuation mechanism. Any suggestions?

How about showing all the rows on one page? :) When using a LAN network or
even a highspeed internet access between the webserver and the client
browser, usually the longest delay is the browser laying out the page, but
once that's done, the user can easily use the browser's scroll bars to view
any part of the results. As an example, I've been creating HTML pages that
are several megabytes in size, which can generate a printed report that is
several hundred pages long.

--
Andrew J Martin
No paper-less office 'round here!