Hi everybody,

today, the public ReconOS repository on GitHub went online. So now, the
the following list includes all public ReconOS resources:

     * http://www.reconos.de
       High-level information, user documentation and public announcements

     * http://github.com/luebbers/reconos
       ReconOS source code repository (with issue tracker)

     * http://github.com/luebbers/reconos/wiki
       Development guidelines, developer documentation

     * http://reconos-devel.lists.reconos.de
       ReconOS mailing list

The GitHub repository supersedes the old Mercurial repository on bitbucket, as
well as the SVN repository on pc-techinf-4. These older repositories will
probably be deactivated in a few weeks.

Making the repository public does not mean that it's complete, of course.
There are a lot of places which need work, both in the source and the
documentations. We'd greatly appreciate any help, especially in the following
areas:

     * User documentation
       The most important possible contributions to the User's guide are
       current installation instructions and a number of tutorials walking new
       users through creating and using a rSoC design with ReconOS. There's
       already a lot of related information in the old pc-techinf-4 wiki, the
       bitbucket wiki, and in unpublished or restricted pages on reconos.de.
       We should move these over to reconos.de (for 'user-space' information)
       and the wiki on GitHub (for 'kernel-space' information).

     * Include current development off the main ReconOS branch
       As some of you have continued developing ReconOS applications (with
       their associated modifications to the ReconOS tools and core
       components), these should definitely be incorporated into the main
       repository.

     * Update to current tools
       With the recent release of partial reconfiguration as an official
       feature within the Xilinx tools, we should update our reference designs
       and tool chain to the current versions of ISE and EDK (12.2 as of this
       writing). Also, eCos has progressed to version 3.0, which should be
       incorporated and tested within the ReconOS repository.

     * Upgrade to current FPGA families
       To stay up-to-date with current device families, ReconOS target support
       should be extended to more FPGAs and processors. The Virtex-6 family has
       dropped embedded PowerPCs; thus porting ReconOS/eCos to the MicroBlaze
       is something we should tackle in the near future.

These, of course, are just my suggestions. Please feel free to add to the
discussion on this list. Also, tell us here if there are any problems
accessing
any of the sources above.

I hope that the improvements in the ReconOS development infrastructure can
help to make your involvement in ReconOS easier, more productive, and, above
all, more fun!

Best regards
- Enno