If anyuone is in Canberra this may be of interest:

Racial Respect Members,

As advised in our recent newsletter, RR has arranged for Father Frank
Brennan to speak at 6.00 pm on 23 March 99 at the Canberra Workers
Club.

Father Brennan will speak on God, Reconciliation, Apologies, Preambles
and Land Rights. He will give his views on the Preamble of the
Constitution in the context of the Republic Debate. He will speak about
where we go from here in our dealings with the Howard Government on the
eve of the Olympics, the new millennium and the Centenary of
Federation.

The Committee would appreciate your assistance in publicising this
event. Please distribute the attached flyer widely via email,
noticeboards etc and invite anyone who may be interested.

Hope to see you all there.

Regards

Graham Wright

(here I have just added the flyer as we arent using attachments -karyn)

Father Frank Brennan

Guest speaker at Racial Respect's 1999 AGM

Father Frank Brennan SJ will be the guest speaker at the Annual General
Meeting of the ACT Branch of Racial Respect, speaking on God,
Reconciliation, Apologies, Preambles and Land Rights.

He will give his views on the Preamble of the Constitution in the
context of the Republic Debate. He will speak about where we go from
here in our dealings with the Howard Government on the eve of the
Olympics, the new millennium and the Centenary of Federation.
Father Brennan is an excellent speaker, and one of Australia's foremost
legal experts on Aboriginal issues, who can be guaranteed to be
stimulating, thought provoking and, frequently, inspiring.

Anyone who shares Racial Respect's vision is welcome to participate in
the meeting, hearing Father Brennan's presentation and joining in a
discussion of the issues he canvasses.

Racial Respect aims to ensure that Australia continues to develop
towards being a nation where people of every race, culture and religion
live in mutual respect and equality.

For more information about this event or Racial Respect, please contact
David McDonald, telephone 02 6231 8904 (ah) or email
[EMAIL PROTECTED]