Its all about power.

One does have to wonder if this issue can be resolved in the short
term without public education about "race," that cute piece of
European folk taxonomy that should have died with Hitler's eugenics in
1945.

On 19 May 99, at 10:30, Trudy Bray  wrote about The Australian: Newman dismisses
apology 'charade:

>   Newman dismisses apology 'charade'
>   By BENJAMIN HASLEM and AAP
>
>   19may99
>
>   AUSTRALIAN rules football identity Sam Newman declared
>   yesterday the mediated settlement of his feud with Aboriginal
>   footballer Nicky Winmar was no more than a charade.
>
>   The outburst, during a public appearance in Adelaide yesterday,
>   compromises the apology Newman made to Winmar after he
>   blackened his face to impersonate the popular player on the Nine
>   network's Footy Show.

snip

>   "The whole thing got transported and hijacked, I was nominated in
>   parliament, in the Senate, by someone who said it was a disgrace
>   and was the Government going to take some action about my
>   racism."
>
>   He said it was not a case of being able to give criticism but not take
>   it as he attracted more personal abuse than anyone else in the country.

|\/\/\/| ******   Jim Duffield         GMT+08       [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ********
|  o  o|
C     _)    "In Germany, they came for the Communists, and I didn't speak up
| ,____|    because I wasn't a communist.  Then they came for the Jews, and
| /         I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.  Then, they came for
| |         the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a
            trade unionist, then they came for the Protestants and I didn't
            speak up because I wasn't a Protestant.  Then they came for me,
            and by that time, there was no one left to speak up."

     Pastor Martin Niemoller,when arrested by the Nazi Gestapo in the late 1930s:

*******                  http://www.omen.net.au/~staffy/           **************
*         12 Hurrey Place BEECHBORO WA 6063 AUSTRALIA                           *
*         Ph: 61 8 9377-7871 Fax:61 8 9377-7871 (Pls ring first)                *