From: webweave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thursday, July 01, 1999 11:04 PM
Subject: Re: [recoznet2] The Donald and John Show.

i also saw the 'address to the nation' and noted with dismay that it was propaganda for the gst and am outraged
but i am more outraged that ozians didn't stand up in droves and say - NO GST - the primary vote said it but we obviously needed to shout it because the libs didn't hear 'us'

the last address to the nation had a response from beazley although i note that an indigenous request to reply was refused:
'under the particular protocol of Prime Ministerial addresses to the nation and the right of reply by the Leader of the Opposition, established over time and reflected in the ABC's Editorial Policies, Mr Djerrkura was refused equal time"

it would seem that this time, no replies are 'permitted' - call it what u are confortable with, but fascist comes to my mind

suggestion:
that we encourage a national reply
we draft a letter to canvas positions from (suggest orgs and individuals) or research what they have already said
combine the information and remind the libs and the nation, that the population said NO GST in the election

find out what can be done when the government goes against the wishes of the people

'elect' a representative then engage the media

i don't want to leave a tax of this type to our children - it has not worked in any country so far so why flog dead horses (nothing against horses)

i guess that an alternative model would be useful - so if anyone knows of one :)

sheers
susanne martain