----------
> From: wagtail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: aboriginal tent embassy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; alex aitken
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; andrew buney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; aneetar
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; ani + fred <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; annie bridges
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; antar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Ben Aylen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; bilbo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; broken hill group
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; bronwen beechey (GL) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
Carys Holder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; chris mansell
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; dana teusner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; dave
reveg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; David Noonan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; donna
beaumont (cartoon) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; duncan and bronwyn
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; ellie gilbert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
enuff adelaide <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; eric miller (3CR)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; fernando goncalves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; frazer
hopgood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; fred littlejohn
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; geco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Grace Nelligan
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; green left <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; greg ogle
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; humps not dumps <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
ingrid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; irene watson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; izzy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; jack holman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Jacky
Desbiolles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Jay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
jeremt urquhart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; jonivar scullerud
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; kelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; len lindon (AG)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; len lindon (HR)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; loud buddha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Maureen B.
Roberts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; mayeta devi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; memet
(anarch books) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; michelle van gerrevink
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; monkey marc ?? <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; ms
mungbeen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; news unlimited <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; pat
dupont <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; peter schnelbogl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
phil bradley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; ralph hahnheuser
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; rasberry jam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; rip it up
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; ron gray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; russel hawkins
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; sally and mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
scruffy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; sista-moon green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
spiral objective <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; teresa taylor
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; william taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; zane young
(Ad Uni) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: 15/3/00  ARABUNNA ELDER KEVIN BUZZACOTT IN COURT TOMORROW
> Date: Thursday, March 16, 2000 1:46 PM
>
> KEVIN BUZZACOTT TO BE TRIED FOR "LOITERING"
>
> Arabunna Elder, Kevin Buzzacott will be tried for 'failing to
> cease to loiter' tomorrow, Thursday March 16, at the Adelaide
> Magistrates Court.
>
> Time: 9.30am
>
> Where:    Adelaide Magistrates Court
>       260-280 Victoria Square
>       Adelaide, South Australia
>
>       Court number  12
>
>       The Magistraes Court is situated on the south east
>       corner of Victoria Square, next to the Police Station.
>

> The court is open to the public.
>
> People will be gathering outside on the sidewalk from 9am.
>

> The Story:
>
> Kevin Buzzacott was arrested at Genocide Corner, outside Government
> House, 21 days after setting up camp there and lighting a Ceremonial
> Fire for Peace on Thursday December 16, 1999.
>
> The charge of 'failing to cease to loiter' has been used throughout
> the colonial period of this country to remove and ban Aboriginal People
> from their own land.
>
> It is also commonly used upon environmental and human rights activists.
>
> This charge is held under the 'Summary Offences Act 1953' of the
Parliament
> of South Australlia and reads:
>
>       "order to move or disperse:
>
>       18. (1) Where a person is loitering in a public place or a group of
>                  persons is assembled in a public place and a member of the
>                  police force believes or apprehends on reasonable grounds-
>
>       (a) that an offence has been, or is about to be, committed by that
>            person or by one or more of the persons in the group or by another
>            in the vicinity; or
>
>       (b) that a greach of the peace has occured, is occuring, or is about to
>            occur, in the vicinity of that person or group; or
>
>       (c) that the movement of pedestrians or vehicular traffic is obstructed,
>            or is about to be obstructed, by the presence of that person or of
>            others in the vicinity; or
>
>       (d) that the safety of a person in the vicinity is in danger,
>
> the member of the police force may request that person to stop loitering,
or request
> the persons in that group to disperse, as the case may require.
>
>       (2) A person of whom a request is made under section (1) must leave the
>            place and the area in the vicinity of the place in which he or she
was
>            loitering or assembled in the group.
>
> Penalty:  Division 8 fine:    $1000 maximum plus $150 expiation fee
>       or division 8 imprisonment:     3 months maximum.
>

> Kevin Buzzacott has also been on strict Bail Conditions since his arrest:
>
> "I agree not to return to or remain in the vicinity of the area bounded
by North Tce,

> King William Road, Victoria Drive and Kintore Ave, Adelaide.  This area
includes
> footpaths, road reserves or carriageways.
>
> I also agree not to camp or light or maintain a fire within the City
Council of Adelaide."