RE:

> Anyway - I'd concur with Trudy that the numbers were AT LEAST
300,000, which
> seems like a pretty handy turnout.  (They even got 5000 walking in
Canberra,
> apparently, and this on the coldest day in history!).  It was a
good day,
> full of hope, no question.  My only regret was not meeting up with
other
> recoznet2 people, but events conspired against this.  It was great,
>and I wish everyone could have been there to judge for themselves.

 I wholeheartedly agree. I've straw polled this over the years,
(admittedly in WA!) and when the event is positive to black Oz, then
the numbers the police have given me have been smaller than my
estimate, yet when the event is negative to black Oz, then the
estimate is bigger than my guess.  Draw your own conclusions.

jim