Welcome to the team.

One major difference between AOO and the typical college project is its size.
It is far too big to read all the source code before making changes. You will
have to learn enough about the area you want to change.

Because it is big, complicated, and has to run on a range of systems, building
it is difficult. If you get stuck ask for help.

Patricia