We use mailing lists to organize our work. This are mail versions of forums.

So you usually subscribe to a List, and then you will receive all mails that are send to this list. As does eversone else. Try always to use a mailing list.

Translations, or localization, is organized on the  list l...@openoffice.apache.org <mailto:l...@openoffice.apache.org>.

I recommend you subscribe to that list, and send then a mail there. introducing yourself and ask for guidance that you want to help on translations.

Other people will pick you up.

You subscribe to a list by sending a mail to

l10n-subscr...@openoffice.apache.org <mailto:l10n-subscr...@openoffice.apache.org>

You will recieve a mail from our mailbot. Respond to this mail in order to subscribe as described in the manual that the mail contains.

The bot will answer you and you confirm with an answer mail.

I hope you got the basics around mailing list. If you have questions, or are unsure ask! :)

I wish you fun.

All the Best

Peter