Welcome hrishabh joshi,

On 08.12.20 16:56, hrishabh joshi wrote:
I am a recent graduate & would like to contribute my bid as well. I am
working & would like to contribute in my free time for the great
initiative.

Please advise me so I can contribute better for this cause.

My advice is:

1) use your comunication skill - If you get stuck somewhere, ask a question. Participate in discussions. An answer can bring you understanding to participation or throw up an important situation.

2) be curious - try things out you are interested in, or you feel important. You will learn always something.

3) divide your goal in smaller goals - I found that a lot of things we need to do, involve a lot of other stuff you do not see on first sight. You have a greater feeling of accomplishment.

4) have endurance - The task we have are not trivial, and sometimes the goal seems overwhelming of the path is not visible at all. We need to be flexible and try a bit around. (don't forget 1)

5) We are one - Always remember that the AOO Project does see everyone as equal volunteer. You are not less worth because you are graduate. You have your skill and spirit that you bring to the project, and we respect it. Bring that respect back to us. We draw our strength from this.

6) Action is valued - We honor action. If you achive some task you set to complete it will be recognized. If this has value for the Project you gain merit.

This is the Way! ;) [1]

I assume you want to code?

# Build Apache OpenOffice

# test some open PR pull request - If you can try write a testcase

# try to look into issues

# Try to document code

# Do whatever you think is worth your time

All the Best

Peter

[1] http://www.apache.org/theapacheway/index.html