Hello,
I am a flash newbie.......I am having problems with a build of Red5 on Linux boxes.... tutorials show links with non existant code? I have built it about 18 times so far on a wide variety of i386 and 586_6 platforms... and every reccomended OS version......any one out there that is a Linux garu that may be able to help?....I would like to build on Either Dual cpu Opteron or Intel dual CPU to deliver FLV content.... I have build windows but you know where that is going to go....Want to do Flash 8,9 delivery in HD I have a fair amount of bandwidth available
Phil

Mike wrote:
Carl,

Thanks for the input.
Authentication is definitely the way to go, and I would always do that.

I was just wondering if Red5 was somehow aware that a connection was from the same flash instance.
-Mike

Carl Sziebert wrote:
Mike:

Are you authenticating your clients in any way?  If so, then you could
store the user's credentials in a list and check against that list for
each new connection attempt.  If you are not authenticating them, then
I would highly recommend you do so.  Without some sort of security
implementation, it becomes much easier for rogue users to hijack your
content.

Carl