Steven,

could you tell me, just conceptually, how you handle the IP address issues
with EC2? How do you access the cluster when you dont know the IP address,
and how does the main terracotta server know where the other instances are
given that every time they come up, they come up at a different name and IP
address?

Finally, given that everything is dependent on the main terracotta server
not going down, what happens if it does? Under ec2 you loose all of the data
stored on that drive, so even if it knew where the other servers were, once
it goes down and a new instance comes back up it will forget unless that has
been baked into the system.

I have read that the terracotta guys have also been working on tomcat under
ec2 but detailed info is scarce. Any additional info greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Hank