Hi a1234587, if that is indeed your real name :)
I've been using RedDot now, as an implementer, for slightly more than
6 years and I whole heatedly disagree with your post.

RedDot is not a terrible piece of software, and it doesn't have a HUGE
amount of problems, although I guess that's a relative term, and
really depends on how things have been setup for you.
There are several very large websites powered by RedDot, and they seem
to be up and running.
It has it's quirks, same as any other software, but if it were a bunch
of crap (my words, not yours), it would have tanked years ago because
people wouldn't by it.
In the end, the benefits far outweigh the glitches. If you think the
amount of $ a client pays for the software, think about how much the
executives at Hummingbird, and later OpenText paid to acquire it.
People are always going to complain about it, because people like to
complain - I like to complain.
The complaints only gain credibility when a better option can be
shown, for the same price.

Sounds like you just had a bad day - or maybe a bad year - I've had
some "I hate RedDot" days but in the end, I love working with the
product.
Kinda like my love/hate relationship with the stuff Microsoft puts
out, but it's kept me employed for 12 years.

I notice this is your only post to the group - maybe we can help you
with your frustrations - if you post them here.
In any event, hope your RedDot problems improve!
Wayne.