Jian,
Interms of posting questions about RedDot, I have joined solution
exchange but have not had my account verified yet.Im just wondering
the best place to post? is Google Groups, Solution Exchange or both?
"Insert placeholder for page in container" option is broken in 10.
Only fixed in 10.1 SP2 Hotfix 4. I will be upgrading to the latest
version so hopefully this should not be an issue.
I wasn't sure what you meant by, "Insert placeholder for page in
container" option seems to work better over the anchor option".
It looks like the solution will depend on the number of items in the
mega menu.
If the number of items is pretty small and unlikely to change then #1
looks pretty goodIf the number of items is pretty large ~150 pages
then option 2#.
Is there any way of making the publication of the separate MegaMenu
XMLin option 2# file automatic?I.e. if a menu item page URL or
headline changes, the XML file is published automatically by related
pages.
In terms of performance I may try and disable the MagaMenu in smart
edit mode.
Manuel,
I will try this on a proof of concept, I already have a large project
I can try this on.

Gavin,
Let me know when you have finished your blog and I will take a look.

Many thanks