Thanks for the suggestions!

I'll definitely check out the transfer element thing later today.
Appending via jquery sounds pretty straight forward as well. I'm so
unimaginative with javascript sometimes. I treat it like a chainsaw
for cutting down trees and am always shocked to see other people
juggling or carving ice sculptures with them.

I tried the "getPageTitle" style method before posting here just to
see how it would work and the issue i ran into there is that every
other page that didnt have the script would crash the execution in the
header. So for the og:image tag, i'd have to add the script to every
foundation page in the site to make sure it always existed, even if
that foundation page would probably never have a facebook like button
on it. It also definitely impacts performance as you said.

DP