Hi Chris,

I have a solution that would would for you.

Create a content class that has code like this

<head>
<title></title>

</head>

Note: you can add in more HTML later to make it SmartEdit friend.  Ensure
lst_navigation has insert path and file name only enabled.  Make sure this
content class is a master page.

Now, create and connect a page instance of this content class to wherever
lst_navigation you can.  Then, under the lst_navigation of the previously
created page, create and connect the page you really want, and attach the
publication package you want.

Now all your pages are part of navigation manager.  However, when you
prefer your secured page, you will see a navigation page a level above
"sticking out", which is the redirect page.  I can tell all the complicated
ways to code navigation manager to do conditional level skips and
everything but that's not my style.  My goal is to provide the easiest and
most maintainable solution.  So here it is.

In the content class of your secure page (I hope the secure page is the
last page in the SmartTree branch, and it has it's own content class)

Use this code for your left navigation

<%!! Navigation:OutputArea(Left Navigation, Bool:False,
Context:CurrentMasterPage.MainLink.OwnerPage.Id, Bool:False) !!%>

This will make the left navigation display as if it is called and rendered
from the secured page's parent page.  Of course, when web users click on
the secured page's parent page URL from the left navigation, they will be
redirected to the right URL of the secured page.

I hope I made sense.  I typed this in a rush.

Best,

-Jian