Rich,

> Tim,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> When you say "new hardware" are you referring to a development/test
> machine or replacement hardware?
> The replacement hardware is not a possibility and as it turns out, get a
> full testing environment setup is a bit of challenge.
> Do many of your customers just take the hit and upgrade their production
> server directly? I guess with the proper application and database backups
> available, anything is possible.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> --Rich

I would go with Tim and switch to new machines if you are using VMs. This
way you will have minimum downtime if anything does not work as expected.
As far as we have experienced the Management Server is working great in
version 11 but we still have some issues with users who are not able to
select specific projects and so on.

If you do not use VMs and don't want to move on new hardware then you
should take some time as planned downtime, make backups and upgrade the
production machines. It is possible and should work as expected. However,
if you have any issues with version 11 it might be difficult to test on the
new installation if your editors require you to go back to the backup to be
able to edit the website.

Best,
Hilmar

--