HI,

I don't know if this is a dead issue or if this will help but it is some
thing that we have noticed here.

If you remove the initial <head> tag from your template and allow TIDY to
fix afterward you get different results.
The comment that they inject for the CMS version and page number is
removed....
as well as the <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible"
content="IE=EmulateIE7,IE=EmulateIE9,IE=EmulateIE10" />

They seem to like attaching processes to the presence of the <head> tag.
Wish I could help more but that is all I can offer. Hope it is useful to
someone.

Chris H.