Pete,

I don't understand what the problem is.  I have dhpcd working in a lab
running rh6.0 clients (with all updates) just fine with pump.  As they
say, "works for me".

The server box went down for 36 hours (for a raid reconfig and rebuild
from backup) until yesterday afternoon, and while pump on the clients
complained bitterly about the missing dhcpd server, they did keep
their local networking configuration - even after a reboot (which
suprised me).

However, I _do_ have 7-day leases set on the server (not 8 hours), and
IP addresses are being allocated statically rather than dynamically.

Cheers
Tony