Dear Sir,

I  just read your book(Red Hat Linux unleashed, Second Edition) and I 'm not familiar
with Linux operating system.   Today I write a very simple program with C language,
but it unsucessed when I compile it. The program script is at following:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <math.h>
main()
{
        int i;
        double x;
        for(i=0;i<5;i++)  {
                x=double(i);
                x=sin(x);
                printf( "sin(%d)=%f\t",i,x);
        }
}

and the compiler's information is: /tmp/ccBMA1Cj.o: In function 'main':
                                                  /tmp/ccBMA1Cj.o(.text+0x48):
undefined reference to 'sin'
                                                 collect2: ld return 1 exist status.
Could you tell me why?  By the way, could you tell me how to get documents of gcc
compiler programmer's guide ?

Thank you!

            G.B.Zhou