> By the way, could you tell me how to get documents of gcc compiler programmer's
>guide ?

Sorry for the double post to this message.

"man gcc" for a brief, "info gcc" for the gory details.
Also look at binutils and glibc or libc.

There might be some other docs under /usr/doc too.

For general C programming questions, try one of the USENET newsgroups
like: comp.lang.c comp.lang.c++ comp.programming and others.
Also read their FAQs and docs at ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/
some are quite handy (like the socket programming guide).

Happy hacking.

--
Andrew E. Mileski - Software Engineer
Rebel.com  http://www.rebel.com/