> Hi folks,
> yesterday I installed Redhat 6.1 (2.2.13 kernel redhat's one) on a Dual Penti
> um
> box with HX chipset (GIgabyte mainboard), with on board AHA UW SCSI controlle
> r.
> The box has a Gigabit NIC 3COM, (acenic kernel module).
>
> I plan to use this box as NFS file server but the box crashes sometime when
> an other linux client (redhat 6.1) tries to mount the exported filesystem.
>
> There are no messages in the syslog file after a reboot it seems a hard locku
> p.
>
> Is this NFS hang SMP , SCSI or networking code reladed ?
>
> Is there a way to use the userspace nfs daemon instead of the knfsd under
> Redhat, or am I forced to recompile the kernel (disabling knfsd support).

Just remove the knfsd rpms, install the latest user-space nfs. I did it on
RHL 6.0 with a 2.2.12/13 kernel, and run the same user-space nfs nfs on
RHL 5.0 with kernel 2.2.13.

This is an extract from kernel 2.2.13
============================
NFS
===

The user-land 2.2beta40 release:
ftp://ftp.mathematik.th-darmstadt.de/pub/linux/okir/dontuse/nfs-server-2.2b
eta40.tar.gz
ftp://linux.nrao.edu/mirrors/fb0429.mathematik.th-darmstadt.de/pub/linux/ok
ir/dontuse/nfs-server
-2.2beta40.tar.gz

I thought we were supposed to use a later one what this; there is at least
one later.

It's available as rpms; if you can't see one that's clearly built for
glibc 2.1 I suggest you get the src.rpm and rebuild it.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield