Aydin OKUTANOGLU wrote:
> I want to create a new memory page and map this to the
> a user  process address space. And also want to change the
> default page fault handler of this page.
>
> but I dont know linux supports these type of things.
> If it does not support how can I modify the kernel
> source for this purposes. I need any information or
> web url about this.

MMU fault handlers can only be done in the kernel, and are architecture
dependent (and often in assembly).  Try the linux-kernel mailing list
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) for advice, but don't expect an answer
to such a general question...expect to be flamed or ignored (add some
details, like WHY you think you need to do this and WHAT you are trying
to accomplish), as the kernel hackers generally don't have time for
hand-holding. "Read the source, Luke!", is a favorite saying.

Sorry, but memory management is one of the top 5 most complex parts
of the kernel, and there are few experts in this area.  You are going
to have to study the source for the most part.

Best of luck.  You could be on your way to learning more about the
kernel than your really wanted to know :)

--
Andrew E. Mileski - Software Engineer
REBEL.COM  http://www.rebel.com/