I'm getting pretty fed up with broken rpms, particularly those that do this
        install -o root
and thought I'd write a script to fixem automagically.

I thought too, that this would be useful to others, and therefor it should
be sensitive to users' rpm configuration.

On exploring rpm's configuration files, I discovered it can be extended. I
have created these:
[summer@possum indexes]$ cat /etc/popt
rpm exec --fix fix.sh
[summer@possum indexes]$ locate fix.sh
/usr/lib/rpm/fix.sh
[summer@possum indexes]$

Now I can say
        rpm --fix ....
which is all very well. What it does NOT get that I can tell is any RPM
environment variables. Is there something I've missed?
It would be useful to me to have information such as RPM_BUILD_DIR in my
script's environment.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield