On Sat, Jan 22, 2000 at 11:36:28PM -0600, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> I've got a little python hack which checks an RPM directory for new RPMS,
> and upgrades any new ones that it finds that are installed. I intend to
> make this eventually handle dependencies automatically and all that
> eventually.
>
> However, I'm having problems with python segfaulting, and I don't know
> where to start debugging. Any suggestions, or any pointers to
> documentation on rpmmodule?

Well, posting your current code could help.  Generally, the easiest
way to debug rpmmodule is to run "gdb python" then at the "(gdb) "
prompt do "run myscript.py".  The segfault will be caught in the
debugger and you can get a traceback.

The python rpm interface isn't documented, and it's hardly stable from
an API standpoint.  May be if Erik or I get a little time (hah, yea -
right) we can write up some quick docs on it.

Matt