I recently setup NIS on my RH6.1 box and was quite surprised to find
that the ypserv rpm update did not fix the problem Thorsten pointed
out on his website (http://www.suse.de/~kukuk/nis/mini-faq.html)

    ypserv on RedHat 6.1 is broken.  RedHat compiles ypserv with ndbm
    supports and link it against libdb1 in ndbm compat mode. This is
    very slow and does not work in all cases (Read the README file in
    the ypserv sources). Another problem is, that db1 files have
    another name then ndbm files, ypserv will search the wrong
    files. Fix: Recompile ypserv with gdbm support.

Is this a fix that has fallen through the cracks?  Will it be available in
the next RH release?

Thanks,

-pmr