Hi All,

I'm having trouble connecting to my postgres database from either a
local machine that uses a URL with host other than localhost/127.0.0.1.
I'm using JDBC and from a local application running from the same box as
the server, I get the following exception: "Something unusual has
occured to cause the driver to fail. Please report this exception:
(java.net.SocketPermission <IP ADDR>:5432 connect, resolve).

I suspect that this is just some sort of access problem with postgres
but I have edited the pg_hba.conf file to allow all connections: "host
all 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 trust".

When I try to access the database from another machine using psql I get
the following: "Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION".

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Karl Henderson