Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Thomas Dodd ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said:
> > I had no problems installing chkconfig-1.2.1-1 and initscripts-5.27-1
> > from rawhide using rpm-3.0.5-0.5 to rebuild the srpms.
> >
> > Bernhard, what's changed to cause this bug?
>
> It's not a bug. He's trying to install over 1.2.1/5.27, as we've
> moved back to the previous directory structure. This can't be
> done without manual intervention, for the same reason that
> you really can't move to the structure in 1.2.1/5.27 without
> manual intervention.

Ughhhh!!!!
Why move back. What does it add?
The rc.d symlink give backward compatability
and moving them up a level matches what other Unix
vendors are doing.

When I told my sysadmin about the chang I saw in rawhide
he was elated. Now It's going back the other way.
(He also want's Sun to add restart to their
initscripts)

Please explain.

        -Thomas