Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Thomas Dodd ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said:
> > I had no problems installing chkconfig-1.2.1-1 and initscripts-5.27-1
> > from rawhide using rpm-3.0.5-0.5 to rebuild the srpms.
> >
> > Bernhard, what's changed to cause this bug?
>
> It's not a bug. He's trying to install over 1.2.1/5.27, as we've
> moved back to the previous directory structure. This can't be
> done without manual intervention, for the same reason that
> you really can't move to the structure in 1.2.1/5.27 without
> manual intervention.
>
> You must do:
>
> cd /etc
> rm rc.d
> mkdir rc.d
> for foo in init.d rc rc.local rc.sysinit ; do
>  mv $foo rc.d
>  ln -s rc.d/$foo $foo
> done
> for foo in 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 ; do
>  mv rc$foo.d rc.d
>  ln -s rc.d/rc$foo.d rc$foo.d
> done

So will this be an issue when trying to upgrade to
pinstripe and 7.0 or will it handle this for
me? What other issues can I expect in the switch?

I have the helix GNOME release and a newer version
of Enlightnment along with all their requirements.
I also have Evolution and it's libs. Will

The Updater for 7.0 handle this well or
will it start breaking things on me?

        -Thomas