> Hi,
>
>  I tried to compile the kernel on a Intel PII using Red Hat 6.2. I did a
> make xconfig
> make dep
> make zImage
> make modules
> make modules_install
Stop here, it's all done. Especially if you're using a RHI kernel rpm.
The rpm includes a nisce script that puts the kernel in the right RHL place
and runs lilo.

> cp zImage /boot
> (respective modification to /etc/lilo.conf)

Do that first.

> /sbin/lilo
> <reboot>
> but when the system try to load some modules (like the sound and the
> network modules) I got a message error like this:
>
> <path of module1>.o: Unresolved symbol best_memcpy
> <path of module2>.o: Unrevolved symbol best_memset
> <path of module2>.o: Unrevolved symbol __best_copy_from_user
> <path of module2>.o: Unrevolved symbol __best_copy_to_user
>
> could someone tell me what I am missing or misdoing?
> Thanks in advance,

Did you use modprobe?

If not, try it.

btw if all you've changed is modules, no need to reboot. you might need to run
"depmod -a" -- I'm not sure about that, in my experience after the "make
modules_install" I've bene able to modprobe the modules I changed.