Sorry, I meant make bzImage...

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Mike A. Harris
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2000 8:38 AM
To: Red Hat Development List
Subject: Re: kernel modules

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Balazs Wellisch wrote:

>Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 18:04:17 -0700
>From: Balazs Wellisch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Cc: Red Hat Development List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: kernel modules
>
>Can anyone tell me how to correct the following error:
>
>depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.2.16-3/misc/emu10k1.o
>
>I compiled and installed a new kernel (2.2.16-3) using the following
>commands:
>cd /usr/src/linux-2.2.16-3
>make menuconfig
>make dep
>make clean
>make install

make clean is not needed, but make bzImage is.  I'm not sure what
the make install target does, but I'll bet that it requires make
bzImage first.  Read the kernel README for details.

--
         Mike A. Harris  -  Linux advocate  -  Open source advocate
                   Copyright 2000 all rights reserved