Hello all,

I've been plagued by this one problem for a long time now.  As it came
across today, I pinpointed it.

If you're using a new kernel (errata 2.2.16-3, ext2 2.2.17-5) on older
system (RH60), compiling SMP modules (e.g. external network
drivers from ftp.scyld.com) will fail because SMP related issues are not
defined and modules are compiled for UP.  Manually defining -D__SMP__ or
friends won't help either because other stuff is left out too.

This is caused by the fact that those errata kernels don't
Require: initscripts new enough which create /boot/kernel.h at boot.

Argh.

Updated initscripts would be probably too much to ask, but _please_ at
least Require: decent initscript versions so this may be avoided with
later RH kernels :-)

Bugzillaed, #20026.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]      not those you stumble over and fall"