[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>  I've always wondered about those supermen, sometimes referred to as
> RH engineers.  Having about a dozen/half a dozen people manage about
> 500 packages is no picnic.

1) It depends on how you count (I was going to do a rpm -qa | wc -l to see how
many I have installed), but I think there are considerably more than 500
packages, and some of the packaging is passing strange (the contents of
kdebase for starters).

2) That said, there's a great number of packages where there's not much action
and which consequently don't require much attention.

Probably the most volatile packages are components of gnome and kde.